Cervical cancer is a malignant tumor that occurs in the cervix of women; the lowermost part of the uterus. This type of cancer is prevented by the intake of right medicines immediately from the time it is detected. With the help of the Pap Smear Test, the number of cervical cancer cases has now dropped down in the last 20 years. Unfortunately, the rise of cervical cancer is mainly due to the erratic and unhealthy lifestyles lived by most women. If you are one of such women who lives life on the edge, then think twice. You may be jeopardising your life and walking towards a death-struck future. And if you are wondering how to keep yourself protected against cervical cancer, then read through some of the preventive measures that can reduce your chances of suffering from this disease.
- Conduct Regular Pap Smear Test – The Pap smear test is the best way to prevent you from falling into the clutches of cervical cancer. This test detects the cervical changes before it takes the shape of cancer. There have been several cervical cancer screening guidelines that have helped women fight this disease.
- Follow Up on Abnormal Pap Smear Test – In case you have an abnormal pap smear test result, then remember to follow it up with your doctor on a regular basis. Get more tests done if prescribed and follow guidelines strictly as set by your physician.
- Quit Smoking – The current lifestyle is one of the prime factors for not just the rise of cervical cancer but many other health related issues. In fact, smoking is considered to be a primary reason giving rise to various types of cancers, among which cervical cancer is one. So, if you haven’t quit smoking yet, then you can suggest doing so at the earliest.
- Get HPV Vaccine – If you are still under 27 years of age, then you are still eligible to get the HPV vaccine which actually prevents risk strains of HPV in women. This vaccine is extremely effective as long as they are given to women before they become sexually effective.
- Limit Your Sexual Partners– Studies have proven that women with many sexual partners have high chances of suffering from cervical cancer. So, it is best to limit your sexual encounters with various partners and stick to having protected sex all the time.
Cervical cancer prevention should always be a top priority for all women. Regularised medical care along with a disciplined lifestyle is what is necessary to stay fit and healthy always.