“How beautifully everything is arranged by Nature; as soon as a child enters the world, it finds a mother ready to take care of it.” – Jules Michelet
Yes, that’s how Mother Nature works. When a child is born, he meets the first love of his life, a darling mother. An infant who is just welcomed into this beautiful world has no idea of ‘who is who’, but, call it the mesmerizing creation of God, he is able to identify his mother from the rest of the world. Now, that speaks about the beauty of the bond that a mother and a child hold in their hearts for each other. You must be thinking how does this relationship evolve to be something so delightful and different from any other relationship. Well, a mother and a child are connected not only through genes but immortal love. One of the most crucial and dominant factors that help in creating this bond even more delightful is breastfeeding.
Breastfeeding is a healthy practice that fosters a deeper connection between the two. It also gives happiness to the mothers and their sweethearts. Here are five benefits that mothers enjoy from breastfeeding, keep reading:
- Lowers the risk of breast cancer– It is seen that women who breastfeed their kids are at a lower risk of developing breast cancer by 25%. It is advisable for all the mothers to breastfeed as it will keep them safe and healthy. So, if you think it to be old-fashioned then think again.
- Reduces osteoporosis– If you want to stay fit even after your menopause then breastfeeding is mandatory. It has been observed that women who don’t breastfeed their children are more likely to suffer from hip fractures than the ones who feed their children.
- Strengthens emotional health– If you think breastfeeding helps in the development of the body only, then think again. Apart from the body, it benefits emotionally as well. A breastfeeding mother is less prone to face anxiety and depression after delivery than the rest.
- Helps in postpartum weight loss– Well, we all know pregnancy brings in lots of unwanted fat and all mothers look forward to shedding it. With breastfeeding, they’ll be losing weight in a healthy way.
- Lessens the risk of uterine and ovarian cancer– Breastfeeding keeps away uterine and ovarian cancer. During lactation, estrogen levels decrease which stimulate the lining of the uterus and the breast tissues and prevent them from becoming cancerous.
Apart from the above-mentioned benefits, a mother who breastfeeds her cutie cherishes a feeling that makes her complete. From protecting her baby to gifting herself a good health, everything is achieved from breastfeeding. So, celebrate yourself as a woman in loving and nurturing your sweetie because no other feeling is greater and merrier than motherhood.