Breastfeeding is one of the best ways to give your child good health and also provide a sustainable development. Understanding the importance of breastfeeding, the World Breastfeeding Week is being celebrated from 1st August to 7th August 2016. The highlights of this celebration are to focus on the importance of breastfeeding to promote global health and propagate healthy developments. It is during this time that mothers share their experiences/photos to support the week. Through this, the importance of breastfeeding gets spread among people.
- Breastfeeding recommendations focus on ensuring that a new born baby gets mother’s milk within the first hour of delivery.
- Breastfeeding needs to be kept mandatory for the first six months for the baby to grow up to be a healthy child.
- The mother’s role for these six months should be to stay away from liquor and maintain a healthy diet. It is best to refrain from medicines apart from the ones that are prescribed by doctors.
These are some of the basic and important recommendations that mothers need to follow so that their children can bloom into healthy individuals. The initiative taken generates awareness and spreads the news among mothers.
Facts to Remember about Breastfeeding
- Breast milk is the highest source of nutrition for a baby. Lack of it is, therefore, one of the major reasons for infantile death. In fact, a breastfed baby is 14 times less likely to face problems related to ill health compared to one who is not breastfed in the first six months.
- Breast milk actually offers more than half of a child’s nutritional requirements and helps parents to keep a constant track of their child’s diet and nutritional intake.
- In fact, breastfeeding is also good for mothers because post-pregnancy recovery is improved and much faster for them.
It is important to make efforts and generate awareness on breastfeeding so that both mothers and children can remain hale and hearty. As for now, let us celebrate this good cause and make sure that more and more mothers are a part of it.